Emirates orders A330neo and A350 as Airbus announces A380 end
After weeks of ongoing talks sending the aviation industry haywire, Emirates and Airbus have reached an agreement which will see the airline order 40 A330-900neos and 30 A350-900s.
The orders comes as the airline opts to reduce their A380 order book down from 162 aircraft to 123. 14 A380s will be handed over to the airline before Airbus ceases deliveries in 2021.
Chief Executive Officer of Airbus, Tom Enders, reflected on the circumstances in the following statement:
“As a result of this decision, we have no substantial A380 backlog and hence no basis to sustain production, despite all our sales efforts with other airlines in recent years. This leads to the end of A380 deliveries in 2021. The consequences of this decision are largely embedded in our 2018 full year results.”
Enders remained firm on the fact that the A380 is an outstanding engineering and industrial achievement which passengers all over the world praise.
Emirates Airbus A350-900 rendering
Internally at Airbus there is a mixture of deep sadness and relief. The pressure of the A380 program is now gone, however the years of work and pride are now to be closed down. Airbus will continue to support the aircraft and watch it soar through the skies for many years to come.
3000-3500 jobs will be effected as a result of the program termination. Airbus will immediately begin planning ways to utilize their skills around the company. Narrowbody and widebody ramp up is expected to take place over the next couple of years and the large hangar space and workforce from the A380 program are likely to be used for that.
- Are anonymous green hat hackers
- What is Garcinia Cambogia Extract
- How do fast food restaurants attract customers
- Why did Michelle Phan leave YouTube
- How do you build an API
- Why do people do voodoo
- Do you like Jewish people
- When did marriage become about love
- How do I italic my Instagram bio
- Is the talmud still being written
- Does manganese VII fluoride exist
- Who was guru of Drupad putra Dhrishtadyumna
- When do you foresee Bitcoin peaking
- Why does sourdough bread mold faster
- Are we fulfilling Gods purpose on earth
- Do image sizes and quality affect SEO
- How tall is Barron Trump
- How should a woman please a man
- What makes peach seeds poisonous