The mobile application that has had roughly 5,000,000 installs – almost enough to give one out of every two people with mobile phones an install. The trio that made Swiggy what it is today, just started out as another attempt to make a Startup.
Take a look!
It is mostly a familiar progression that happens in most of the startups. Two people (Sriharsha Majety & Nandan Reddy) set out to launch a delivery management platform had to shut operations the next year of its launch. But with enough experience of logistics operations they decided to give hyper local delivery a shot. But do hyperlocal delivery of what? Food is what they thought of after having enough troubles of ordering food for themselves. A deeper look and they realized that the segment is to be organized and took it on themselves. They roped in a techie (Rahul Jaimani) and started in house tech development.
Restaurants were signed up, a fleet of delivery boys (full-time and part-time) was made, customer facing iOS and Android app and website were designed, all these were put together and the rest is history.
Swiggy has made it possible for us to order food from nearby restaurants and relish it within the next 40 minutes (average time).
Now we can ponder if failing fast or having an in-house tech team or owning a delivery fleet and having real time updates is ever a good idea!
Jumping – James Fenton for The Noun Project
Friends – Gregor Črešnar for The Noun Project
Working – Björn Andersson for The Noun Project
Announcement – Gan Khoon Lay for The Noun Project
Man – Bradley Avison for The Noun Project
Closed sign – Freepik for The Noun Project
Door – Sandra for The Noun Project
Delivery – jon trillana for The Noun Project
Hangout – Gan Khoon Lay for The Noun Project
Meeting – Chok Hernández for The Noun Project
Cafe – Made Somewhere for The Noun Project
Route – Aneeque Ahmed for The Noun Project
Group –Gregor Črešnar for The Noun Project
Mobile Application – www.yugudesign.com for for The Noun Project
GPS pins – Alfredo for The Noun Project
Meeting – Olivier Guin for The Noun Project
Fast Food Delivery – Vaibhav Radhakrishnan for The Noun Project
Starter Gun – Gan Khoon Lay for The Noun Project
Earning Money – Gan Khoon Lay for The Noun Project
Man – AIGA Collection for The Noun Project
People clapping hands – Gan Khoon Lay
India – Linseed Studio for The Noun Project
Jump –Lluisa Iborra for The Noun Project
Happy – Tina Abi Hachem for The Noun Project
- What are PSUs Is it government job
- Should a male stripper go fully naked
- How rampant is the underemployment in India
- Are newer generations smarter than older generations
- How important are photographs in autopsy
- Should I stop pursuing Harvards CS50
- Can we settle to Ecuador
- What is the longest word in Pashto
- Why is the California DMV particularly slow
- What is the Keke Challenge 1
- Why am I afraid of family responsibility
- Who was the worlds first inventor
- Why can singing ability be so inconsistent
- Hows life at Accenture Gurgaon for freshers
- Will hug solve every problem
- How is SMTP related to email verification
- Why is textsheet com down
- Will SpaceX dominate the aerospace industry