The Promotion Problem
- Management is a trade in and of itself and it likewise requires preparation, coaching, and time to get right. Just because Mary was an expert in her field, It doesn't mean that she's ready to be a manager.
- Being a leader requires a unique skill set, and it’s not for everyone, especially those who do not have the will to learn to lead.
Yet in a snap, Mary is offered a promotion, given a raise, an office, and a team. She quickly realizes that she isn't sure of what comes next. She has a whole team of people depending on her but no clue what to do! Too ashamed to ask for help or clarification, Mary's stuck in a rut.
“Do you know how hard it is to be the boss, when you are so out of control! It’s hard to verbalize. It’s the feeling that all of a sudden… it’s the feeling you get when you have a child. On day X minus 1, you still don’t have a child. On day X, all of a sudden you’re a mother or a father and you’re supposed to know everything there is to know about taking care of this kid.”
Mary is not alone in this feeling, and neither are you. In our own survey, we found that 53% of managers said they did not feel like they had an accurate view of what it meant to be a manager when they got started in their role.
But, it doesn’t have to be this way.
We’re going to give you everything you need to set yourself up for success straight out of the gate.
- What does moose taste like
- How is a man made
- Whats your unpopular opinion about popular people
- What is the definition of nationalism
- Did Fairy Tail get canceled
- Why did the Scots conquer Pictland
- Has Sylvester Stallone been married
- How do I start a backpack business
- What are examples of agriculture 1
- Why did Buddha starve himself
- What are some homemade pet stain removers
- What influenced Impressionism in paintings
- What good mangas have badass overpowered mc
- Is the word civilized racist
- What food do insects eat
- How do I build an affiliate program
- How did Todd Herzog win Survivor
- How extensive is white flight in London
- Who employs econometricians
- Whats the difference between given gave