“Drake stood speechless. Admiration- and something else Serena could not quite identify, pride perhaps- showing from his eyes.
"Turn around," his deep voice commanded softly. "I would see all of you."
She turned slowly, holding back a delighted laugh. Her gown was gold, the color of the amber flecks in her eyes, with a green-and-gold-striped underskirt and matching puffed sleeves. Emeralds hung from her ears, swaying provocatively and catching the candlelight from the wall scones. A choker wrapped around her neck and tiny tear-shaped jewels sparkled from her hair. It had taken the combined urgings of her personal maid and the housekeeper to convince her it was acceptable to wear such a low-cut gown in public. Elegant gloves covered her arms to the elbows with an emerald and gold bracelet on one wrist and a Chinese fan dangling from the other.
"I knew you would be beautiful dressed as my duchess, but Serena, I am speechless. The men will adore you and the women will envy you." He spoke the last in an underbreath, as though to himself.”
― Jamie Carie, The Duchess and the Dragon
- What are some anthropology quotes
- What does being an MP mean
- How do I write my RMO answers
- Does being alone leads to loneliness
- Where can I sell MTGO cards
- What is the meaning of perceptual illusions
- Why is my AirPods case not charging
- What is The Stranglers most successful song
- What makes a historical figure great
- Will Google Hangouts support SMS
- Can we generate electricity by our cycle
- How do I get into thornton tomasetti
- Is New Horizon College fun
- How do I avoid nervous during sports
- Is www gclexperts com scam
- Who are some Indonesian activists
- Can we stand without toes
- What does Quran say about woman
- Is Offred a reliable narrator