Whey protein isolate
IMU Plus ™ is a pharmaceutical grade (>99%) non-denatured whey protein isolate formula: a functional food that provides bioactive precursors for the intracellular production of glutathione, a critical constituent for the immune system and a vital antioxidant and detoxifying agent.
Separation of whey components from the other constituents can result in significant denaturing of the bioactive whey proteins. IMU Plus ™ utilizes a proprietary process to attain a product containing over 99% non-denatured whey protein, including bioactive lactoferrin, lysozyme, lactoperoxidase, glycomacropeptides, alpha lactalbumin and bovine serum albumin.
Non-denatured, bioactive whey proteins enhance intracellular glutathione by supplying to cells the dipeptides cysteine and glutamyl-cysteine. Glutathione has been found to enhance immune function, eliminate toxins and carcinogens, increases antioxidant and ionizing radiation protection and supports DNA synthesis and repair, protein prostaglandin and leukotriene synthesis, amino acid transport, and enzyme activity and regulation. Baruchel et al., have demonstrated that non-denatured whey protein isolate increased lymphocyte intracellular glutathione by greater than 120% in mice compared to mice fed standard, commercially available whey protein concentrates, or casein proteins. Similarly, Kennedy et al., demonstrated that non-denatured whey protein isolate increased glutathione in normal cells, but decreased glutathione in cancer cells. It has been proposed that cancer cells produce more intracellular glutathione than normal cells to protect themselves from various reactive oxygen species. Thus, it is possible that the ingestion of non-denatured whey protein isolates may oxidatively stress cancer cells, while protecting normal cells. This may be why carcinogen-treated mice fed non-denatured whey protein isolates had significantly smaller tumor burdens than controls. Wasting (cachexia) can also be a significant problem for the cancer patient. Although the mechanisms of cachexia are not fully understood, there are major metabolic alterations in the cancer patient and tumor cells usually resort to anaerobic rather than aerobic metabolism for the production of energy. This type of metabolism is grossly inefficient and generates large amounts of lactic acid that must, in turn, be regenerated back into glucose in the liver. Cachexia is also characterized by decreased appetite. IMU Plus ™ supplies the patient with a perfectly balanced protein source without the need for large volumes of food and without the added burden of saturated fat solids or lactose associated with other milk protein sources.
CONTRAINDICATIONS and WARNINGS
IMU Plus ™ is contraindicated in individuals who develop or have known hypersensitivity to specific milk proteins. IMU Plus ™ contains <0.05% lactose and is generally well tolerated by lactose-intolerant individuals. Patients undergoing immunosuppressive therapy should discuss the use of this product with their health professional.
Gastrointestinal bloating and cramps can occur if the product is not sufficiently rehydrated. Transient urticarial-like rash has been seen in rare individuals undergoing severe detoxification reaction. Such rashes were found to abate when product intake is stopped or reduced.
Overdosing on IMU Plus ™ has not been reported. Unless hypersensitive to milk constituents, no toxicity of milk proteins has been described.
DOSAGES & ADMINISTRATION
Maintenance dose is 2 packets (20 grams) per day. For mild to moderate health challenges, higher doses are recommended. Clinical trials in patients with cancer, chronic fatigue syndrome, hepatitis and AIDS have used 30-50 grams per day.
Take packet #1 at least 30 minutes before eating in the morning. Take packet #2 between 3-4 p.m. or, as directed by a health professional.
Fill a large glass with 6 ounces of distilled water -or- combine a compatible protein (milk, soy milk, almond milk and yogurt) with the distilled water. Empty a packet of IMU Plus ™ into the liquid. Using a fork stir until mixture thickens. Let stand 5-10 minutes to rehydrate the formula, stir again and drink. (instructions are on packaging).
For easy mixing use our Portable Mixer designed to preserve the non-denatured quality of IMU Plus ™.
Do not mix with fruit juice or heated liquids. Never mix in a conventional electric mixer/blender, as this will denature the IMU Plus ™ bioactive proteins.
NOTE: - IMU Plus ™ is a natural food supplement, and as such is limited from stating medical claims per se. Statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. As such, this product is not intended to diagnose, cure, prevent or treat any disease.
One 600 gram carton contains 60, 10 gram packets.
- Gutman , J. Schettini, S., The ultimate GSH 3. Handbook. Montreal: Gutman and Schettini Enr. 1998
- Baruchel, S, Viav, G., Oliver. R., Bounous, G., Wainberg, MA. Nutraceutical modulation of GSH with a humanized native milk serum protein isolate. Marcel Deker Inc. New York, 1996
- Meister A. New aspects of glutathione biochemistry and transport, selective alteration of glutathione metabolism.Nutr Rev 42:397-410, 1984.
- Kaplowitz N, Aw T, Opkhtens M. The regulation of hepatic glutathione.Ann Rev Pharmacol Toxicoil 25:715-44, 1985.
- Kennedy R, Knok G, Bounous G, Baruchel S, Lee T. The use of a whey protein in the treatment of patients with matastatic carcinoma: A phase i-ii clinical study.Anticancer Research 15:2643-50.1995.
- Watanabe A, Higuichi K, Yasumura S, Shimizu Y, Kondo Y, Kohri H. Nutritional modulation of glutathione level and cellular immunity in chronic hepatitis B and C.Hepatology. 24:597A, 1996
- Lomaestro B. Malone M. Glutathione in health and diseases: Pharmacotherapeutic Issues.Ann Pharmacother 29:1267-73, 1995
- Lothian B, Grey V, Kimoff RJ, Lands LC. Treatment of obstructive airway disease with a cysteine donor protein supplement: a case report. Chest 117:914-916. 2000.
SWISS BIOCEUTICAL INTERNATIONAL, LTD.
2533 N. Carson Street, Suite 3573
Carson City, Nevada 89706
Telephone: (775) 841-7020
Fax: (775) 883-2384
Product of USA K-kosher seal
Packaged in USA RedBook
Patent Pending ADAP approved
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
- Is the world full of competition
- What is the goal of the journey
- Does Endometriosis have competitors
- What is solar thermal energy?no_redirect=1
- What is moral luck
- What crops are grown in peasant farming
- Can I hire my own Uber car
- How does genetic alcoholism work
- When does Bible believe that humanity started
- What are NCT fans called
- 4 Reasons Why Most Diets Fail
- Do flight attendants get scared 1
- How realistic is reality television
- Can cats truly be considered domesticated?no_redirect=1
- Is triamcinolone a cortisone