I recorded a full podcast episode to answer this for you, but let me run through the specifics:
1. Is front-end development still a good career choice?
The median income for a front-end developer on PayScale is $68,058/year. The median income for a PHP developer is $62,370. The number of available front-end developer jobs on Indeed is 20,853. For PHP developers, it’s 13,607.
So, higher median income and more available jobs when compared to a common back-end developer job. I’d say yes… it’s still a good career choice. However, there’s a few things to keep in mind if you want to be solely a front-end developer.
2. Learn design. If you’re not going to be building full, back-end supported applications, then what will people be hiring you for? One of the answers is the quality of your designs. So, learn color theory, typography, visual spacing, etc… so, you get real good at creating functional and visually appealing designs that blow people away. That’s what those who hire you will be expecting.
4. Transition to the full stack. Never forget that while you CAN make a good living as a pure front-end developer… you can always make more and open yourself up to more opportunity by learning the full stack. So, once you learn front-end development, if you want to grow and make even more, learn back-end development, as well.
Source: My answer on Quora.com
- What is the subject in a sentence
- Is Indian Super League helping Indian football
- What is the national sport of Fiji
- Can Microsoft Surface Pro 6 run Photoshop
- Is NVMe a SATA
- What is COD and BOD
- What are some best SciFi movies
- Do you prefer Coca Cola or Sprite
- What is the meaning of Yaksha Prashna
- How would you hide your deepest secrets
- Can photography be found in any city
- DC Comics Are Deadshot and Deathstroke different
- Is freelancing a viable career in India
- What does philosopher mean
- What happened to Occupy Wall Street
- Do men find being masculine constraining