Many smartphones look the same from afar. I bet most of you own one that's thin, rectangular, and features a big screen. Boooring!
A fully transparent conceptual smartphone, developed by Taiwanese company Polytron Technologies, gives me hope for a future full of fancy smartphones far different from the common designs seen today.
Mobile Geeks had a chance to personally preview Polytron's impressive see-through smart-glass gizmo, but it's worth noting that the current version can't make calls (yet) and isn't fully transparent due to limitations with modern technology.
As evidenced in the below preview video, several internal items such as the SIM card, SD card, and microphone can be clearly seen. As Polytron moves toward a more complete device, the company plans to shift many of those visible components to an opaquely shaded area at the bottom while hiding other items, such as the camera, with darker glass.
That's not the complete story, though. Due to Polytron's Switchable Glass technology (based on Polyvision), the entire phone may appear opaque when not in use, and clear when powered on.
Polytron perhaps explains the now-you-see-it/now-you-don't display technology best: "When the power is off, the liquid crystal molecules are randomly oriented [way] that scatters incident light and the screen becomes opaque. When electricity is applied, the liquid crystal molecules line up, the incident light passes through, and the screen looks clear."
Polytron plans to assemble working prototypes of the transparent smartphone and even move toward limited production by the end of the year, according to Mobile Geeks.
- How can I learn Tableau effectively
- How can I join a B Ed
- How should you run
- What are latent semantic keywords
- How do I look sexy and classy
- What problems do readers face in libraries
- What does the surname Quintero mean
- What is an exhaustive range in functions
- How successful is NREGA
- Are Marxists and Communists politically correct
- What are examples of utiltarianism ethics
- Is Messi born a genius
- What are the types of kidney stone
- Is cynicism good for someones wellbeing
- What does sextile mean in astrology
- What is CGI animation
- Are BMWs or Volvos safer vehicles
- In an ideal world does hate exist
- Was Ian Fleming a misogynist