Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology (DCRUST), formerly known as Chhotu Ram State College of Engineering, Murthal (CRSCE) started in 1987 is a government university in the State of Haryana. The University has an affiliation to UGC, New Delhi.
The university offers a wide range of courses at UG, PG Ph.D. level focusing on the area of Arts, Science, Architecture,Technology etc.
- The university offers B.Tech in both full time and part time format.
- The candidate will become eligible to apply for B.Tech on passing of class 12th with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and one subject out of Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Biology.
- For B.Arch., passing of 10+2 or equivalent from a recognised Board/University with Mathematics as a subject of examination with min. 50% marks is mandatory.
- The selection under B.Tech and B.Arch will be done on the basis of score in JEE Main and NATA respectively.
- For Integrated MBA and M.Sc. the candidates should have passed Class 12th with minimum 50% marks with the relevant subjects.
- The admission in the dual degree courses MBA and MSc. will be done based on the entrance test.
- For taking admission to any of the specializations under M.Tech, the candidate must have done B.Tech./BE in the relevant field with min. 50% marks.
- For M.Sc. the candidate must have done B.Sc. with the related subjects with 50% marks in them.
- The selection under M.Tech. will be done on the marks in GATE exam and for M.Sc. it will be done based on entrance test conducted by the university.
- The minimum eligibility for all the other courses of masters is a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field with min, required marks.
- The selection in these courses will be made ither on the basis of entrance test or on the basis of merit.
- For Ph.D., the passing of Masters degree with 55% marks in the related field is mandatory for making an application.
- Ph.D. admission will be done on the basis of entrance test conducted by the university, followed by Presentation or interview.
DCRUST B.Tech and B.Arch Admission 2020
DCRUST offers undergraduate level courses like Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech), Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) under multiple specializations. The university also offers Part time B.Tech for the working candidates.
Duration of both, B.Tech and Part time B.Tech is four years whereas Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) takes five years to fulfil the duration period. The minimum eligibility for B.Tech, is a pass in Class 12th with Physics and Mathematics as compulosry subjects with one subject from Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Biology. For B.Arch. the candidate should be a pass in 10+2 with 50% marks having Mathematics as one of the subjects.
The candidates seeking admission in B.Tech need to appear in national level entrance exam Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main entrance. The candidates interested in B.Arch need to go through an entrance exam, commonly known as National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA), to make career in Architecture field.
|Course Name||Specialization||Seats||Duration||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria|
|B.Tech. Full Time||Biomedical Engineering||30||4 Years||Should be a pass in 10+2 examination from recognised Board/University with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects: Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Biology||JEE Main score|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||60|
|Computer Science & Engineering||60|
|B.Tech Part Time||Biotechnology||60||4 Years||candidates should be a pass in 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics or Biology as compulsory subjects along with any one of the following subjects Chemistry / Bio-Tech. / Computer Science|
|Chemical Engineering||60||Should be a pass in 10+2 examination from recognised Board/University with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects:Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Biology|
10+2 or equivalent from a recognised Board/University with Mathematics as a subject of examination with at least 50% aggregate marks.
10+3 Diploma (Any stream) recognized by Central/State Govt. with 50% aggregate marks.
International Baccalaureate Diploma after 10 years of schooling with not less than 50% marks in aggregate and with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination.
DCRUST Dual Degree Admission 2020
At the postgraduate level, the university offers two integrated courses, that are Integrated MBA and Integrated M.Sc. with a duration of five years for each of the programmes.
The admission in Integrated M.Sc and Integrated MBA is made by the marks obtained in the entrance test.
Note: Candidates belonging to SC/PH category are given 3.5% of marks relaxation to meet the eligibility criteria of Integrated M.Sc and Integrated MBA.
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria||Seats||Duration|
|BBA-MBA||-||Passed in 10+2 or equivalent from central/ Haryana Education Board (or equivalent) with minimum 50% (47.50% for SC/PH) marks in aggregate.||Entrance Test||60||5 years|
|B.Sc. (Hon.) -M.Sc.||Biotechnology||Passed in 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology from Central/Haryana State Education Board (or equivalent) with minimum 50% (47.50% for SC/PH) marks in aggregate.||30|
|Chemistry||Passed in 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology from Central/ Haryana State Education Board (or equivalent) with minimum 50% (47.50% for SC/PH) marks in aggregate.|
|Mathematics||Passed in 10+2 or equivalent with Mathematics as one of the main subjects from Central/ Haryana State Education Board (or equivalent) with minimum 50% (47.50% for SC/PH) marks in aggregate.||50|
|Physics||Passed in 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from Central/Haryana State Education Board (or equivalent) with minimum 50% (47.50% for SC/PH) marks in aggregate||30|
- Syllabus for Integrated B.Sc.-M.Sc. Entrance Test :
For Physics and Chemistry the syllabus is the same as for JEE Main and for Biology the portion shall be same as of NEET.
DCRUST M.Tech and M.Sc. Admission 2020
DCRUST offers two other courses at the PG level, that are Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Full time and Part time and Master of Science with a duration of two years.
The candidates want to get admission in M.Tech need to appear in The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) examination or the Entrance Exam conducted by the University. To get the online application form, candidates are advised to click the official website of GATE. The university makes the selection in M.Sc programme, on the basis of marks obtained in entrance examination.
Note:There is 3.5% marks relaxation for the candidates belonging to SC/PH category
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria||Seats||Duration|
|M.Tech||Biomedical Engineering||B.E./B.Tech. OR equivalent in Biomedical/Biotech./Electrical/Electronics & Communication/Mechanical/Instrumentation Engg./M. Sc. In Biomedical Instrumentation/Biotech./ Medical Electronics/Electronics / Physics/ Instrumentation/MBBS/BPT (four years course)/ B. Pharma scoring at least 50% marks in aggregate.||GATE score/ Entrance Test||18||2 Years|
|Civil Engineering (Highway Safety & Engg)||B.E./B. Tech.or equivalent in Civil Engg.scoring at least 50% marks in aggregate.|
|Electrical Engineering(Instrumentation & Control)||B.E./B.Tech.or equivalent in Electrical Engineering / Electrical & Electronics Engineering / Control & Instrumentation/ Control Engineering/ Instrumentation/ Electronics and Instrumentation/ Instrumentation & Control/ Electronics Engineering/ Electronics & Communication Engineering/ Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering/ Electronics & Control/ Biomedical Engineering scoring at least 50% marks in aggregate|
|Electrical Engineering(Power Systems)||B.E./B.Tech or equivalent in Electrical Engineering / Electrical & Electronics Engineering /Electrical & Instrumentation / Control & Instrumentation / Instrumentation / Instrumentation & Controls/ Power Engineering scoring at least 50% marks in aggregate.|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||B.E./B.Tech or equivalent in Electronics Engineering / Electronics & Instrumentation Control/ Instrumentation & Control/ Electronics & Communication Engg./Electronics & Telecommunication Engg./Electronics Instt. & Control/Electrical & Electronics Engg./Electrical Engg./ Instrumentation Engg./Bio Medical Engg./M.Sc (Maths/Physics/Computer/Electronics)/MCA scoring at least 50% marks in aggregate.||30|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering(VLSI Design)||18|
|Mechanical Engineering||B.E./B.Tech.or equivalent in Mechanical Engg./ Production Engg./Automobile Engg./Industrial Engg./ Aeronautical Engg. Scoring at least 50% marks in aggregate.||30+60|
|Computer Science & Engineering)||B.E./B.Tech.or equivalent in Computer Science & Engg./ Information Tech./Electronics/Electronics & Communication Engg./Electronics & Telecommunication/ Electronics & Instrumentation Control/ M.Sc (Maths/Physics/Computer/Electronics)/ MCA scoring at least 50% marks in aggregate.||30|
|Construction and Real Estate Management||Bachelor degree in Architecture or Civil Engg from any University/Institution in India or Abroad or its equivalent degree recognized by the Government of India with not less than 50% marks in the aggregate or equivalent grade of a recognized university or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto by this University.||15|
|Food Technology||BE/ B.Tech./ M.Sc or equivalent in Food Engineering/ Food Process Engineering/ Food Technology /Dairy Technology/ Dairy Engineering/Agri Process Engineering/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Food & Nutrition at least 50% marks in aggregate.||18||2 Years|
|Energy and Environmental Management||B.E./B.Tech./ M.Sc. or equivalent degree in any discipline scoring at least 50% marks in aggregate.|
|Renewable Energy||B. E./ B. Tech. or equivalent in Mechanical/ Electrical/Chemical /Automobile/ Production/Aerospace/Instrumentation and Control and M.Sc. Physics scoring at least 50% marks in aggregate.|
|B.E./B.Tech./AMIICHE in Chemical Engg./BioChemical Engg./Chemical Technology/ Food Technology/ Environmental Engg./ Polymer Tech. / Paper Tech./ Petroleum Engg. / Chemical Science/ Sugar Tech./Oil Tech./Plastic Tech./Paint Tech./ Leather Tech./Ceramic Engg./ Metallurgical Engg. Scoring at least 50% marks in aggregate|
|Biotechnology||B.E/ B.Tech or equivalent in Biotechnology/ B.Pharma / M.Sc in Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Biophysics, Bioinformatics, Biosciences, Life Sciences, Pharmacy, Medical Sciences, Veterinary Sciences with mininum 50% marks in aggregate.|
|M.Sc.||Biotechnology||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline of Biological Sciences/ Life Sciences/Agricultural Sciences/ Veterinary Sciences/ Fishery Sciences/ Pharmacy/ Engineering/ Technology or Medical Sciences scoring not less than 50% marks in aggregate.||Entrance Test||30|
|Environment Science||B.Sc.. or equivalent degree in any discipline scoring at least 50% marks in aggregate.||18|
|Chemistry||B.Sc./B.Sc.(Hons) or equivalent degree with Chemistry as regular subject at graduation level scoring not less than 50% marks in aggregate.||60|
|Physics||B.Sc./B.Sc.(Hons) degree or equivalent with Physics as regular subject at graduation level scoring not less than 50% marks in aggregate.||60|
|Mathematics||B.Sc./B.Sc.(Hons.)/B.A./B.A.(Hons) or equivalent degree with Mathematics as regular subject at graduation level scoring not less than 50% marks in aggregate.|
- For M.Tech., candidates with a valid GATE score need not appear for the Entrance Test .
DCRUST MA, MBA, M.Arch., MHA, M.Plan. and PG Diploma Admission 2020
In addition, the university offers some other PG level full-time courses like M.A., MBA, MHA, M.Arch. M.Plan and PG Diploma. Apart from PG Diploma, rest of the courses hold a duration of two years. PG Diploma contains a duration of one year. The selection of the willing candidates under MA English, M.Arch.,MHA, M.Plan, PG Diploma will be done by the university according to merit and for MBA it will be done on CMAT score followed by counseling.
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria||Seats||Duration|
|M.A.||English||Bachelor or Master’s Degree Or equivalent in any discipline scoring not less than 50% (47.50% for SC/PH)marks in aggregate.||Merit based||30||2 years|
|MBA||-||Graduation degree in any discipline||CMAT score/ Entrance Test + Counseling||60||2 years|
|MHA||Hospital Administration||MD/MS/MDS/MBBS/BDS/M.Tech. (BioMedical)/B.Tech. (BioMedical)/B.Tech(Medical Electronics)/B.Tech. (Instrumentation)/BAMS/BPT/B.Pharma/BHMS/B.Sc.Nursing/M.Sc.(Medical)/B.Sc. (Medical)or equivalent scoring not less than 50% (47.50% for SC/PH) marks in aggregate.||Academic merit in the qualifying exam||24+6||2 years|
|M.Arch||Sustainable Architecture||B.Arch. or any other equivalent degree recognized by the Council of Architecture with not less than 50% marks in the aggregate or equivalent grade of a recognized university or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto by this University (47.50% for SC/PH).||Merit based||20|
|M.Plan||Urban & Rural Planning|
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engg, Architecture or Planning, Master's degree in Economics, Sociology, Geography from any University / Institution in India or Abroad or its equivalent degree 34 recognized by the Government of India with not less than 50% marks in the aggregate or equivalent grade of a recognized university or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto by this University (47.50% for SC/PH). The qualification of Bachelor in Planning or B.Tech. (Planning) should be recognized by the Institute of Town Planners, India.
|PG Diploma||Forensic Biotechnology||B.E./B.Tech.or equivalent in Biotechnology/Biomedical Engg./ B.Pharm/LLB/MBBS/Integrated BS-MS/M.Sc or equivalent degree in life Sciences including Anthropology/ Biotechnology/Bioscience/Chemistry/Criminology/Biochemistry/Microbiology/Genetics scoring not less than 50% (47.50% for SC/PH)marks in aggregate.||15||1 year|
- There is 3.5% marks relaxation for the candidates belonging to SC/PH category
- Candidates with a valid score of CMAT under MBA need not appear for the entrance test conducted by the university.
Format of the entrance test for MBA:
The entrance test will comprise of 100 questions – Part A and Part B. Part A will have 20 questions from the topics English and General Aptitude with weightage of 10 marks each. Part B will be of 80 marks comprising of questions from the given syllabus. Time frame of 90 minutes will be given to the aspirants for covering the syllabus.
DCRUST Ph.D. Admission 2020
DCRUST University gives admission to candidates in Ph.D. under 16 disciplines. The eligibility criteria for applying is a pass in a Master’s degree with 55% marks in total or an equivalent degree from a recognized university. The selection will be done based on the Entrance Exam marks and the shortlisted candidates depending on the marks will be called for the Interview.
|Course Name||Specialization||Seats||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria|
|Ph.D.||Biotechnology||09||Passed Master’s degree in relevant discipline with 55% marks in aggregate or an equivalent degree||Entrance Exam followed by Presentation/ Interview|
|Computer Science & Engineering||11|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||18|
|Materials Science and Nanotechnology||02|
|Energy and Environment Studies (CEEES)||02|
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category will be given a relaxation of 5%.
- Candidates wanting to take admission can apply online.
- Candidates who have cleared JRF will be excempted from giving Entrance Test.
- A candidate will qualify for the next round if he will attain minimum 50% marks in the Entrance Test.
- The Entrance Test will be a single paper consisting of 100 MCQs. This will be divided into two parts – Part A and Part B. Part A will have 50 MCQs based on Research Methodology and Part B will have 50 MCQs which will be subject specific. Each question will be of one mark.
- A candidate can make application for admission to one department or discipline only.
Documents required at the time of Presentation or Interview:
Candidates who will be shortlisted for presentation or interview shall bring two sets of attested/Self attested copies of following documents, along with print out of online filled application form for admission in Ph.D.programmes.
- Fee receipt.
- Three Passport size photographs.
- Certificates showing the detailed marks in all subjects in the qualifying examination.
- Matriculation/Hr. Secondary Examination Certificate as proof of age.
- Conversion Table/Formula showing equivalence between percentage and CGPA of the qualifying degree.
- Valid JRF score card (wherever applicable).
- Medical Fitness Certificate from a Gazetted Medical Officer.
- Character Certificate (Annexure I).
- For gap period, if any, the candidate will submit an affidavit from the notary/first class magistrate certifying his/her good conduct.
- Haryana Resident Certificate.
- Certificate from the Employer.
- Declaration by parents.
- Sponsorship and Relieving Certificate.
- Income certificate from competent authority
DCRUST Application Process 2020
Candidates wanting to take admission to any of the specializations under Ph.D. can do so by filling the application form. Before filling the form the candidate is advised to ready the required documents whose details have to be filled in the application form. By following the given steps the candidate can enroll himself/herself in the admission process.
- Click on the official website of the university.
- Click on “UG/PG/Ph.D. Admissions
- Click on “Apply Here”
- The application form will open, now start filling the application form carefully.
- A scanned copy of photograph of file size 20 to 40 KB has to be uploaded in the jpeg format along with a scanned copy of signature of size 10-20 KB.
- After filling all the details click on “submit”
- Now the candidate will be taken to the payment gateway, here he/she can pay online by using Debit Card/Credit Card or through Net Banking facility.
- A general category student (and other) and has to pay the registration fee of INR 1000 whereas SC candidates of Haryana have to pay INR 250 for making the registration.
- After making the payment the applicant will receive a registration number and password which can be used for making all the further correspondances.
DCRUST Reservation Policy 2020
- 1 supernumerary seat is kept reserved for single girl child in all the UGC programmes.
- Up to 5% admissions will be given to Kashmiri migrants on supernumerary basis in each programme.
- Four Seats are kept reserved for the candidates under Resident of Murthal (ROM) category.
|Start of online registration and submission of application form for PG||26 May - 25 Jun, 2020|
|Start of online registration and submission of application form for Ph.D||27 May - 30 Jun, 2020|
|Entrance Test for PG||01 Jul - 04 Jul, 2020|
|Entrance Test for Ph.D.||12 Jul, 2020; 13 Jul, 2020;|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College
- How did Quora User join Quora
- How do we conserve energy in motors
- How do you know you know
- Who was Kempegowda
- Was Buddha an anarchist
- Why does rigor mortis end
- How can I do a fire hydrant
- Is mental noise associated to the ego
- Is this a takeoff or landing
- What does product design do
- Will Bernie Sanders affect the democratic race
- Can corruption be eradicated through regulations
- What are Narendra Modis top failures
- Why doesnt Quora like Polling Questions
- Can you microwave papad
- Where can I buy a butterfly knife
- Do human beings exert gravitational forces
- What is the function of teeth
- How is the Odisha government promoting tourism