Now that you’ve learned about Snapchat and how to use it, you may be wondering how they manage to keep such an awesome app free to use. There are a couple of ways Snapchat brings in revenue, so in this article, we’ll tell you about how Snapchat makes money.
So, how does Snapchat make money?
Snapchat makes money through paid content partnerships. Companies post “stories” in the “Discover” and “Live” sections of the “Stories” menu, and get paid whenever they are viewed. Snapchat also makes money by selling “replays”, which allow users to watch “snaps” that they receive twice instead of once.
See our Snapchat Stories article for more information.
What are Snapchat “replays”?
Normally, you are only allowed to view a “snap” that you receive on Snapchat once, and then it disappears. However, you can use “replays” to view snaps on Snapchat up to two times. If you wish to replay a snap on Snapchat, you must do so immediately after viewing it (i.e. before you do anything else in the app, or close the app). In addition, you can only use one replay on each snap, meaning that you cannot view a snap more than twice.
You are allowed to replay one snap for free every 24 hours. If you wish to replay additional snaps, you must purchase additional replays.
How do I use Snapchat replays, and how can I get more of them?
To replay a snap after viewing it, press and hold on the name of the person who sent it to you, and then tap their name again. If you do not have any replays remaining, you will be prompted to purchase more through the Apple App Store (if you’re using Snapchat on an iPad, iPhone, or other iOS operating system device) or the Google Play Store (if you’re using a device with an Android operating system). You will need a valid Apple ID or Google account, with registered billing information, to do so.
This help article on Snapchat illustrates how to use Snapchat replays, and how to purchase more.
If you wish to disable the ability to purchase additional replays on Snapchat, you will need to adjust your settings for making in-app purchases on your device. This article on Snapchat can help you with that.
That’s a bit of information about how Snapchat makes money. If you want to learn more about Snapchat and how to use it, be sure to check out the rest of our Snapchat course!
- Can people adapt to getting sunburns
- Why should I use Stripe over PayPal
- Is the drop kick still legal
- What is it you admire about tuticorin
- How are kidney failure and diabetes linked
- What is Lean Leadership
- Why cant psychics predict anything
- What is self enlightenment
- Are cryptocurrency exchanges in India facing troubles
- Is it illegal to clickbait
- What are the interesting argumentative essays
- Can SEO understand online
- What are average human lifespan by ethnicity
- What could be future power technology
- What would control survival hazards How
- Is castor oil and glycerin the same
- Is heroin overdose a peaceful death