The material used in this example is Hexamethylenediamine Solution, 8, UN1783, PG II. The entry "None" in the "Ground and Air Packaging Exceptions" column of the chemical table indicates that there are no exceptions to the requirements for preparing these hazardous materials for transport. Material must be accurately classified and described, packaged in a specification package, marked, labeled, documented, and certified before being offered to your carrier.
For this material, Column 10 in the UPS chemical table (49 CFR version) indicates a shipping limitation of 1 L total for an individual package. The DOT may further limit the maximum capacity of the inner receptacles. Refer to 49 CFR 173.27 (f) Table 1 to confirm this limitation. In the example above, a 1 L metal or plastic container is acceptable but containers of glass, earthenware, or fiber are limited to 0.5 L maximum capacity. Therefore, shipping 1 L of this material in glass containers requires two inner containers of 0.5 L each.
As the shipper, you are responsible for selecting and using UN packaging that is designed, tested, and certified to accommodate containers of 1 L or less in capacity. The maximum quantity of this product that can be offered for transport by air with UPS is influenced by the total quantity allowed under the "passenger aircraft" quantity (49 CFR 172.101 Hazardous Materials Table); the inner receptacle requirements of 49 CFR 173.27 (f) Table 1; and the specifications of your UN performance package.
If you have any questions about shipping hazardous materials with UPS, please call the UPS Hazardous Materials Support Center at 1-800-554-9964.
- What are the top whiteboard animation platforms
- What do you think about UCMAS
- Who was Ursula Andress
- How do I make FB accounts
- What are good homemade treats for Halloween
- How can you end jealousy with girls
- What is Atlassian Bitbucket
- How rigorous is MCA at NIT Trichy
- Why isnt the entire universe observable
- Will SpaceX dominate the aerospace industry
- How can I find Hbase Hadoop developers
- What is the rate of 3D printing?no_redirect=1
- What is the brown line on skin
- Why is Trump against electric cars
- Can I stream cricket online in HD
- What is the other name of Mesopotamia
- On which criteria is the Pope chosen
- Can a non addict understand addiction
- Are most major tech companies scams
- How do plants help in raining