Running short of time? Get PDF of the blog in your mail.
All you need to know to sell on MercadoLibre is here!
The e-commerce environ is expanding as swiftly as the world is shrinking in this age of digitization. No one wants to be confined within a vicinity and get restricted. How could the e-commerce merchants then? Selling in one’s own country is no more the only practice that merchants want to undertake. Expanding to the neighboring countries is one thing that sellers are giving a thought to. That is what Cross-Border Trade is all about – selling in the neighboring country. Having mentioned the cross-border trade, it would be remiss of me not to mention MercadoLibre (and the MercadoLibre Cross-Border Trade program), an Argentine e-commerce giant. It is an e-commerce company and to sell on MercadoLibre means that you may sell in a number of countries and give your brand a kind of exposure which every online merchant wishes for. So let’s start and go through all about this Argentine e-commerce company and how ‘you’ can sell on MercadoLibre.
A quick glance through MercadoLibre
- It is the largest e-commerce ecosystem in Latin America.
- MercadoLibre Cross-Border Trade allows sellers to sell on MercadoLibre and cover the whole Latin America and its populations.
- MercadoLibre has its operations in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Peru, Panama, Uruguay and Venezuela.
- In the year 2017, MercadoLibre had 212 Million registered users on the company’s marketplace.
- MercadoLibre generated the revenue of whopping 1.4 Billion US dollars.
- In the first quarter of 2018, the net revenue of MercadoLibre was 321 Million US dollars.
- As per the report of Statista, in the year 2017, there were 33.7 million users who made one purchase (at least) on the company’s e-commerce platform.
- As recorded in the year 2016, MercadoLibre had 4000 employees.
What is MercadoLibre Cross-Border Trade?
MercadoLibre Cross-Border trade is a program that allows the sellers to sell on MercadoLibre and cover the regions of Latin America. It allows the international sellers to feature their products on MercadoLibre, and expose them to the customers based in Latin America. Known as the 7th most visited retail website in the world, its the MercadoLibre cross-border trade is currently available in the countries like Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, and Colombia.
In the times to come, MercadoLibre is planning to enable other countries (as many as 19 countries where MercadoLibre operates) as well for its CBT(Cross-Border Trade) Program.
It is known as a leading retail company in the market of over 550 million people in the region which has one of the world’s fastest-growing penetration rates. MercadoLibre renders the buyers and sellers alike a robust trading domain for creating a large and growing trading community.
What can you sell at MercadoLibre?
MercadoLibre is a huge e-commerce site and has multiple categories to sell under for those who want to sell on MercadoLibre via its MercadoLibre Cross-Border Trade Program. However, the top categories under which a MercadoLibre CBT merchant may sell on MercadoLibre are:
- Electronics and Accessories
As per MercadoLibre, the lower Average Selling Price (ASP) items (which are for less than USD$50) and lighter items (less than 2lb) convert faster and can help new sellers build their reputation.
How to sell on MercadoLibre with CedCommerce!
To empower the sellers to master the selling in the Latin American region, CedCommerce brings to them the advanced Integration Extension for MercadoLibre marketplace. Using CedCommerce’s MercadoLibre Integration Extension, sellers who have an online store on frameworks such as Magento may easily integrate their store with MercadoLibre and become a MercadoLibre CBT merchant.
By doing so, the sellers may feature their products on MercadoLibre, sell their products across Latin America, and become a MercadoLibre CBT merchant.
Here is the step-by-step process on how you can become a MercadoLibre CBT merchant, integrate your Magento 2 store with MercadoLibre and sell on MercadoLibre marketplace.
Step 1: Install the MercadoLibre Extension to your Magento 2 Admin Panel
The installation of the MercadoLibre Integration Extension is the first step that needs to be done in order to start selling on MercadoLibre.
Step 2: Configure the Settings
Once the MercadoLibre Magento 2 Integration Extension has been installed, the sellers need to configure the marketplace settings. This will work as the foundation of the integration process and a seller may select/enter necessary details relevant with the product while doing the configuration.
Step 3: Create Profile
After the configuration is completed, a seller needs to create a profile and assign the similar type of products to that profile. By doing so, it becomes easy for a seller to upload the products to the marketplace the next time as the same kind of products can be added to the profile for the upload.
- Map the category and attribute
With the MercadoLibre Magento 2 Integration extension, sellers who wish to sell on MercadoLibre have the authority to map the category and attributes of the products that they are going to sell on MercadoLibre. By mapping the category and attributes of their products with that of MercadoLibre’s category and attributes, they feature a product in the category most relevant to it on the MercadoLibre marketplace.
Step 4: Upload products on MercadoLibre
Once you have created a profile for your products, you may send your products on MercadoLibre from your admin panel.
Step 5: Manage the product listings on MercadoLibre
After all the necessary actions have been taken till this step- configuration, profile creation, product upload and assigning important details to the inventory- a seller using the MercadoLibre Magento 2 Integration can easily manage the products on MercadoLibre marketplace from the admin panel. A seller may edit, delete or remove the products from the MercadoLibre platform from the admin panel.
Step 6: Customers place the order and payment gets processed
Now that your product gets featured on the MercadoLibre marketplace and you’ve become a MercadoLibre CBT merchant, your products are ready instantly to be ordered by the online customers across the countries where the MercadoLibre Cross-Border Trade program is applicable. Once the order has been placed, the payment is received by MercadoLibre via the official payment gateway of the marketplace i.e. MercadoPago and the order will be imported to MercadoLibre CBT. MercadoLibre marketplace generates the payments to the MercadoLibre CBT merchant every 15 days.
Step 7: Order gets imported to your admin panel
The MercadoLibre Magento 2 Integration extension acknowledges and accepts the orders on behalf of MercadoLibre CBT merchant and gives the merchant the liberty to ship the order from the admin panel.
MercadoLibre Cross-Border Trade Seller Fee
As per the MercadoLibre marketplace, under the MercadoLibre Cross Border trade program, there is no listing fee to list the products on the marketplace. So the MercadoLibre cross-border trade seller fee is something sellers don’t need to worry about if they want to sell on MercadoLibre.
Benefits of MercadoLibre Magento 2 Integration Extension by CedCommerce
Providing the sellers across the globe an ease to sell on some biggest marketplaces, the benefits that a seller enjoys while using our MercadoLibre Magento 2 Integration Extension are:
- To help you with more convenience, we have developed a well researched and tested API Integration to suit your specific business needs.
- We provide assistance 24×7 via Skype, Live Chat, emails, or over a call.
- We provide custom business solutions for you.
- We offer FREE consultancy services.
- We extend Real Time Support, Quick Installation, and Dedicated After-Sales Services.
- Our extensions are advanced yet cost-effective.
A pioneer in web development and integration solutions, CedCommerce is an Official Channel Integration Partner of Walmart, Newegg, Sears, Fruugo, and other vast marketplaces. We have assisted 500+ retailers till date in their aspirations to sell on some biggest marketplaces. With MercadoLibre integration extension, we are now all set to help sellers selling in Latin American regions. So now when you know how to sell on MercadoLibre, embark on your journey and take your business to the soaring heights, with us!
Should you have any query, you may reach us or talk to us on Skype or Live Chat.
You May Also Like-
Cross-border trade: All you need to know is here!
Step by Step guide on how to sell on Amazon – With CedCommerce!
Want to sell online? Sell for FREE in 32 Countries. Sell at Fruugo!
Why is Mercadolibre the best latin american ecommerce marketplace
- How many referees handle football matches
- What are latent semantic keywords
- Can we finish counting numbers
- Whats an Avenger
- How did WW2 tank HEAT shells work
- Is English honours better after ISC
- How did Eminem start his career
- Are antitrust laws constitutional
- Who are the travellers in the UK
- Why do I keep making bad decisions
- What is the sweetener in Diet Coke
- How is plastic a natural occurrence
- Can IAS officers grow lengthy beards
- How many employees does Adobe have
- Why is democracy important in Canada
- How is subliminal appeal used in ads
- What is Brilliance SF Skincare