The Samsung J1 is a neat smartphone taken from the J series. The J100H variant is easily rooted with the iRoot tool and Odin. We’ll give you two reliable links for both tools and an easy step-by-step guide to follow after the drop.
- Turn on the Samsung smartphone and navigate to the About Device menu. Now check the model number on the display matches up with J100H, otherwise this guide is not for you.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones. Download it directly to the Windows computer you are using in conjunction with this guide.
- You are voiding the warranty of the J1 by continuing from here. Many Samsung devices come with added security which means an unroot guide doesn’t always get the warranty back. You’ll need to look into the J1 specifically if the warranty concerns you.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG J1 SM-J100H
- Download and extract the root file from here on the desktop of the Windows computer.
- Download Odin here to the computer and extract the file. Run the Odin program and leave it open.
- Completely switch off the device and boot it back up in Download Mode.
- Hold the buttons to get in Download Mode. You should see a yellow warning symbol with other yellow text on the display. Press Volume Up at this time.
- Connect the Samsung J1 to the computer and you should see Odin detect your device. If not, you might need to download the USB Drivers.
- Click the PDA button and upload the J100H tar file you extracted from the root file in step one.
- Click the Start button and Odin should flash that file to your device.
- Now download the iRoot tool from here.
- Disconnect the J1 from the computer.
- Run the iRoot program and tick the box on the main screen that says “launch”.
- Continue to launch the iRooting tool.
- Connect the J1 to the computer once again and the iRoot tool will detect your smartphone.
- Click the Root button and wait until the tool successfully roots your device.
Your Samsung J1 J100H now has root access. You can start thinking about all those extra root-only applications that are waiting over at Google Play.
[Via Tech Chomps]
- What screams I have low self esteem?no_redirect=1
- Do you always have turkey for Thanksgiving
- How do you calculate simple interest annually
- Does freedom exist in the USA?no_redirect=1
- What are your favorite Bosnian foods
- Will Airpod come with the iPhone 7
- Is Mumbai good for manager jobs
- Will BTS ever come to the Netherlands
- What are some good opensource ERP solutions
- Is Enki Jehova or Satan
- Can I upload movies seens on YouTube
- Which is the best picture you’ve edited
- What does the Serbian word buckuris mean
- What are the different brands of refrigerators
- Where can download or buy audiobooks
- How many types of realism are there
- What was the reason behind your success
- How can your mom become your friend