Christmas Has Become Too Commercialized
Wednesday, November 13, 2019
I used to like celebrating Christmas because it was a festive time of the year that we came together to celebrate the birth of Christ. But now, I see that Christmas has become commercialized. Have you noticed have early the Christmas music start playing on the radio, how department stores have their Christmas decorations out long before Halloween and Thanksgiving? How early malls begin to promote holiday sales, like Black Friday sales. I know you have noticed. It is just the simple fact that instead of Christmas being a time to celebrate the Lord Jesus Christ, it is a celebration of commercialization. People, nowadays just don’t seem to eager to spend Christmas with families or going to Church to celebrate Christ. Every year department stores seem too eager to post their holiday catalogs in September making it all about the money gimmick and not so much about the consumer.
Parents seem to be competing against each other to see how much money they can spend on a present for their children. They are spending hours upon hours in the malls. I can remember when I was a little girl, I could always tell it was Christmas time because I could smell the fresh picked apples and oranges in the house and the unshelled pecan, brazil nuts, English walnuts and peppermint candy and various cookies sitting on designated tables for your enjoyment. These were some of the things you didn’t really see in homes until Christmas time. Now you can buy this stuff all through the year, making Christmas not so special. And don’t forget all the TV toy commercials that interrupt your Christmas movies you like to watch this time of year.
We should get back to the basics of celebrating Christmas. We should stop thinking so much about ourselves and start thinking more about others that are less fortunate than we are. Giving to others with love in your heart is the way Christ expects us to be at Christmas time. And most of all, we need to remember that Christmas is the time to celebrate the birth of Christ. How will you celebrate this year? Spending time at the mall or spending time celebrating Christ with family and friends. With the way things are in the world today, we seriously need to focus on Christ rather than focusing on filling mall checkout lines.
Report Inappropriate Blog
- What hair color is best for me
- What is the real mantra of success
- Why is having a healthy spine important
- Why did Sonu Nigam quit Twitter
- Does McAfee work with Chromebooks
- When do you replace garage door rollers
- What are the causes of excessive dreaming
- Why is unified data platform so special
- What is Abstraction Computer Science
- Does every byte have a parity bit
- SDSU Webers Honors Engineering or UCSD Undeclared
- How do you say AIDS in Vietnamese
- Where did racism in India come from
- Is Sonia Gandhi’s illness a secret
- How do I promote my website 3
- Does expensive food always taste great